The seasonal flu vaccine is now in stock and we encourage all our patient in the categories listed below to call the surgery to arrange an appointment for vaccination.
Vaccination is strongly recommended for:
- Persons aged 65 and over
- Those aged 6 months and older with a long-term health condition
- Pregnant women (vaccine can be given at any stage of pregnancy)
- Healthcare workers
- Residents of nursing homes and other long stay institutions
- Carers (the main carers of those in the at risk groups)
- People with regular contact with pigs, poultry or water fowl.
If you are aged 65 or older or have a long term medical condition you should also ask your doctor about the pneumococcal vaccine which protects against pneumonia, if you have not previously received it.
For more information see this FAQ on the HSE website.